Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Week 7

   In this week, we finally finished proving stuff. Proving is actually not that hard as long as I understand the statement. The challenging part for me is the structure. I notice that sometimes my prooving steps are not complete. I often forget to introduce the quantifications and conclude in the end.
I also learned more proving techniques and rules. I find that proof by case is extremely helpful which provides a more easier method for proving. Introduction and elimination rules are also essential, which help me to reach my target statement faster and easier.
   A new unit was introduced this week as well--Algorithm Analysis and Asymptotic Notation, which sounds really computer scientific. We got an idea of how bubble sort and merge sort work through the experiment. It was interesting that the larger the input size is, the advantage of merge over bubble becomes bigger. On the other hand, it is quite odd that "0.5n²and 700n² are no different" according to my existing mathematic knowledge. And there might be more challenges to understand the asymptotic notations. I must pay much attention to the lecture in order to get a better understanding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment