The second term test was back. I was satisfied that I got 27 out of 30 on this test. From the test, my proof structures were ok and my thoughts were on the right way. However, I did not explain some of the steps so it made the proof a little unclear. I used some statements that we had proved during lecture without explaining the work. In conclusion, I need to be more careful about the comment of each step; I need to show all the proving works for proving each step.
During the lecture, we learned the 'fancy F' and general provings involving the big-O and big-Omega. The strategy for proving big-O functions is to under-estimate the big-O function and over-estimate the function we want to prove. In order to do that, picking a smart c value and B value is essential.
We finally reached chapter 5. To be honest, I barely understand the concepts of computability, and I got comfused while dealing with the python function problem. It is not a good sign, I guess I need to go over the slides on the weekends again to gain more understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment