In the first week, I learned the relation between mathematics and
programming and how to express an idea efficiently through mathematics
languages. I also learned that computer languages must be extremely precise
while human languages can be ambiguous. At first, it was a little challenging
for me to understand the logic, so I was struggling with translating human
languages into computer languages. However, I found that Venn diagrams were
really helpful to understand the computer languages since they visualize the
statement. Especially when I learned the universal and existential quantifiers,
Venn diagrams gave me better understanding of the difference between those 2
quantifiers and how they work.
As I reviewed the lecture slides and notes, I got better understanding
of and felt more comfortable with computer languages in the second week. In
this week I learned Predicates and Implications, which are commonly used in
computer languages. In this week many mathematics notations were introduced and
used frequently. I found that what I have learned in this class was related to
my calculus class, which made me understand the concepts better. What made me feel
interested was to find the assumptions and conclusions in everyday languages
during the lecture. It was fun to analyze and figure out the implication
relations; and my biggest achievement was that I got all the “finding P and Qs”
right.
No comments:
Post a Comment